2.10.2010

V-Day Brunch Inspiration

I'm hosting a Valentine's Day Garden Brunch this Sunday and am so excited to take advantage of our beautiful patio and the opportunity to decorate with some frilly, pretty things! The magnolias and other small white and highly fragrant flowers (the name is escaping me) are beginning to bloom and the ivy, palms and mossy brick are lush after the recent rain we've had.


I already have plenty of ideas regarding decor and will take some photos of a couple of things as I put them together, but I'm also loving this beautiful tablescape, created with woven streamers. So simple, fun and bold. I think I might just layer a bunch of different tablecloths / curtains we have lying around to make a patchwork floral, but if that doesn't work out, I may try this (via Apartment Therapy).


I'm also thinking that I'd like to make some tissue paper pom poms to hang in the trees around the perimeter of the garden. Here's a how-to for these from Martha Stewart Weddings. If you have money to spare, you can also purchase them on Etsy from PomLove.


And then of course, there will be flowers. I want to check out the SF Flower Mart on Saturday to see what's in season and affordable but I'd like to find some Quince blossoms. I also always fall for a beautiful bouquet of Ranunculus.


As for the food ... I can't give everything away!

No comments: