3.23.2009

Food : Sunday Night Dinner

I had a couple of friends in town visiting yesterday so we walked about the city and took delight in some of the finer things in life : relaxing and eating!

I have many more pictures to share, but for now, this is a tease from the feast we cooked up last night. My roommate had made a trip to the Ferry Building where he picked up some specialty mushrooms from Far West Fungi so while he was preparing them for a crostini appetizer, we grilled up some shrimp that had been marinated in a ginger-soy-lime sauce. Also on the menu was halibut, ravioli, a t-bone steak rubbed with olive oil and thyme, green beans, carmelized onions and a nice, fresh, California-grown salad. MMM mm good.

I also picked up this Hey Mambo Sultry Red at Faletti's market (which is bankrupting me, by the way). Of course the label and super cool wind-off cork had something to do with my choice. What can I say, I'm a visual learner. If you ever pick one up, be sure to read the story on the back of the bottle.

No comments: