12.29.2008

home . SWEET . home


I can't tell you how nice it is to be HOME! Finally, after almost 4 months, I have a place that's mine. It's a huge relief to know that I don't have to move again anytime soon.

And it's so nice to have all of my things in one place again. I know they're just things but they really do help to make me feel "at home". My sublet was comfortable and the roommates friendly, but it still didn't feel like my place. The room felt cold with just some boxes in a corner and a bed in the middle of an otherwise big, empty room. It just felt like I was staying at a friend's house for 3 months. Some people don't mind living like that but for me it is uncomfortable. I guess I like to "nest" :)

(Did ya notice the beautiful mantle in my bedroom? Sorry just had to brag!)


Need to infuse this living space with some color because there is an awful lot of dark wood but it is beginning to come together. My arch lamp finally has the right place to shine! The high ceilings and huge windows in this place are amazing. They make me feel small!

2 comments:

get zapped said...

Love what you've done there. I've been wanted to rearrange my LVRM and now you've inspired me. Thanks!

Lori Jane said...

The new place looks gorgeous - now I can see why you fell in love with it. I can't wait to come see it!
ps - the bath is DEF a HUGE upgrade! haha.