10.21.2008

Garden of Eden

Today on my lunch break, I went out to check out a store I've only walked by twice but have already noted as evil temptation: Eden+Eden. It even has a tempting name. From the window, I spotted a few things that could easily find their way onto my new desk:


They also have some fun jewelry.

The shop keeper happened to have stepped out (my wallet thanks you), but next door I found AREA San Francisco, another cute shop run by John and his sweet pup, Finley. Area carries modern design for the home and garden. A great place to find a gift for a someone with a modern sensibility (don't worry, I'm sure they sell gift certificates).


On my way back to the office, I spotted a sign that sparked my curiosity: Carrots. I wandered in to find myself amidst racks and racks of ridiculously gorgeous clothing. They showcase hand-picked pieces from the collections of some of the most exquisite designers such as Peter Som and Stella McCartney as well as some up-and-coming designers such as Richard Chai (who perhaps shouldn't be referred to as "up-and-coming" any longer ... especially considering he recently designed a line for Target—isn't that a sign that you've "made it"?). While I don't think I'll be shopping there anytime soon, it's still great to see up close and personal what designers are putting out there right now.

2 comments:

RichardChai said...

Thanks.

RichardChai.

:: A S K :: said...

you are most welcome!