8.05.2008

Drexel Dining Chairs

I'm so excited! I finally found a set of chairs on Ebay that match the set I inherited from my grandmother. Actually, I've seen several sets but I've had to let them go because they were just cost prohibitive. This time, the price was right and even the shipping cost is low. And the timing couldn't be any more appropriate since my grandmother just passed last week.
The chairs are gorgeous, in fact they're in much better condition than mine. There are even two "captain's chairs" (with arm rests).

The chairs were made by Drexel in the late 50's/early 60's and are from the Declaration line, designed by Kipp Stewart and Stuart MacDougall.

1 comment:

Kristi Schmidt said...

I'm in San Francisco just bought a Drexel table and these chairs off of craigslist in Danville. If you have more chairs than you need, or know of more somewhere, please let me know - we'd like more and would love to buy some from you. Thanks! Kristi Bauerly kbauerly@gmail.com